decommissioning services to the oil and gas sector
John Lawrie has been successfully carrying out decommissioning projects involving the dismantling of large oilfield and subsea structures for over two decades. Our primary objective is to maximise reuse and recycling and minimise disposal. To this end our processing methods result in high recovery and recycling rates for a wide range of materials in most cases up to 100%.
It's all about sustainability, and with legislation growing progressively tighter along with the increasing development of zero waste strategies, the need for a smarter approach to decommissioning is unequivocal.
Expertise, Experience and Continuous Innovation
Our expertise and experience in the downsizing, deconstruction, processing, reuse and recycling of a range of subsea materials (including flexible risers and flowlines, umbilicals, manifolds, xmas trees, mid-water buoys, mooring systems, concrete mattresses and other associated items) enables us to provide a single integrated package for clients. This includes excellent working relationships with a number of Port operators and a subsequent ability to collect and/or receive redundant materials from a variety of onshore geographic locations.
A SUMMARY OF OUR CAPABILITIES INCLUDES:
- Onshore decommissioning service
- Fully integrated proposal including NORM
- Piece small to medium items
- Access to quayside dismantling facilities
- Size reduction service at quayside
- Excellent track record
- Reuse and recycling specialists
- Recycling flexible risers, flowlines and umbilicals
- Licenced waste treatment facilities throughout Scotland
- Skilled and mobile workforce
A fleet of specialist trucks, lifting and cutting equipment and a fully mobile, well trained workforce as well as a highly innovative approach to project management and logistics means decisions are made quickly and jobs expedited efficiently.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT and hse
We have a long established and experienced hands-on management team in place and a track record in managing, handling and processing a large number of decommissioning projects for companies such as HESS, Premier, Maersk, BP, Centrica and others. Our in-house HSE function includes:
- Established SMS and Documented Procedures.
- Method Statements/Risk Assessments Training & Competences. Dedicated HSE Manager/Advisor
- Accredited EMS to ISO 14001: 2004 standard – primary objective on waste minimisation, reuse and recycling – metal and non metal materials
- Accredited QMS to ISO 9001: 2008 standard
- FPAL Registered (No: 10052165) & Verified